Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2012

Black Rutile Rose

After some time of my working with crochet and silver I wanted to try if I could make something bigger than a pendant. Much bigger. A jumper that is. I found a book with great contemporary crochet designs and decided to make that jumper I saw on the book cover. Then I searched for the right wool but I didn't want it to be from the other side of the world - I prefer buing as locally as possible, from small family businesses like my own :) After a while I found The Little Knitting Company and fall in love with the yarns they stock: such a choice of different styles, wools and not very expensive, some even much cheaper than I could find locally in the nearest town. I decided to go for the black wool&cashmere mix.

It took me over two weeks, some late nights, quite a few mistakes, re-shaping, re-making some rows and finally re-designing the collar but I'm SO happy with what I've made! I even designed and made a little ornament: a black rose with a plumpy Black Rutilated Quartzbriolette in the center. After all I couldn't resist and not to use any gem :D

And the jumper is so comfortable and so warm - perfect for our Scottish Spring ;)

4 comments:

  1. It's fabulous! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ladies :) It's very warm the jumper and I wore it already a few times, Spring here is NOT warm time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, oozing understated elegance and quality, you go girl, two weeks, I would be still at the front panel :)

    ReplyDelete